Purchasing coins and bullion from AGE is simple. Call us toll-free at 1-800-613-9323 to discuss the market and your options with a friendly and knowledgeable account manager. We quote you a firm sell-price on the specific items and quantities you wish to purchase. When you commit to the purchase, we commit to providing you with those items at that price, regardless of subsequent movements up or down in the market. In this way, both of us are protected from unexpected market swings.
1. Call AGE at 1-800-613-9323 to discuss the market and your options.
Our friendly, knowledgeable account managers are happy to talk to you at length about individual coins or the metals markets in general. Feel free to call with any questions, even the most basic ones.
2. Confirm your purchase by phone and receive a Trade Confirmation Number.
When you decide to make a purchase, call us to confirm quantity and price.
- When you agree to a purchase, we lock-in the trade by issuing to you a Trade Confirmation Number. At this point, both you and AGE are committed to the sale at the confirmed price.
3. Send your payment within 48 hours.
Once you've been issued a Trade Confirmation Number, mail or wire your payment to us within 48 hours. Our mailing address is:
P.O. Box 9426
Austin, TX 78766
- We accept the following forms of payment:
- Personal checks
- Money orders
- Cashiers checks
- Bank wire transfers
- NOTE: We do not accept any checks drawn on banks outside of the U.S.
- Make all checks payable to AGE or American Gold Exchange, Inc.
- Call for bank wiring instructions if you choose this option.
4. We hold your order until payment clears.
We deposit all payments immediately upon receipt. We then age your payment until it clears our bank, according to the following schedule:
- Personal checks -- 10 business days
- Money orders -- up to 10 business days*
- Cashiers checks -- up to 10 business days*
- Bank wires -- Released for shipment within 24 to 48 hours
*Please note: Because of a nationwide increase in fraudulent cashiers checks and money orders, these forms of payment are no longer treated like cash by banks. Instead, they are held for up to 10 days until funds clear, just like personal checks. We have no recourse but to follow these bank procedures. The only way to expedite your order is to wire funds directly from your bank to ours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this change in policy.
5. We ship to you by Registered and Insured U.S. Mail.
Once your payment clears, we'll ship your order via U.S. Postal Service Registered Mail, insured for its full value. This is by far the most secure and dependable method of shipping coins and bullion--far better than private couriers. We only deliver where the U.S. Post Office delivers.
Our packages are wrapped in plain brown paper with the return address stating simply AGE, for your protection. You must sign for the package. The postman will not simply leave it on your stoop.
6. Our return policy.
We want you to be completely happy with your purchase.
- We offer a 14-day return privilege for full refund (less shipping) on all certified classic U.S. coins dated pre-1933, except for “Specials” (see below). Note: this return privilege is automatically waived for any order paid 14 days or longer after the original order date.
- “Specials,” uncertified (raw) U.S. gold coins, and European gold coins come with a 14-day replacement privilege only. Because prices for these coins fluctuate directly with the gold market, we cannot offer refunds. However, if you are unhappy with any coins we will gladly replace them.
- Modern bullion coins are sold as they come from the mint and carry no return or replacement privileges.
- Terms & Conditions.